Hi there, I'm Dan.
My wife Laura and I are winding down an eighteen–month–long trip around the country in a cargo van that we converted into a camper. We logged 40,000 miles and visited 34 national parks, but now it's time to settle back down and get to work.
Before embarking on my vehicular adventure, I worked as a developer in Philadelphia where I built web UI and data visualizations, with an emphasis on using React in conjunction with SVG to build composable charts and graphs.
Pixel-perfection is always my goal, and few things bring me more professional joy than helping a designer bring their work to life.
Contractor, Philadelphia PA, 2017-2018
Contributed to the development of Comcast's new React app for business network administration and monitoring.
- Built the app's flagship component, an interactive map for visualizing network health across large geographic areas.
- Established the development process and principles for the app's dozens of charts and graphs.
- Collaborated with engineers to design efficient APIs.
Monetate Inc.UI Developer, Conshohocken PA, 2015-2017
Built React components ranging from basic UI building blocks to page layouts and complex data visualizations.
- Produced an in-house library of React components for producing consistent, responsive charts and graphs.
- Collaborated closely with UI and UX designers to ensure technical feasibility of proposed features and fidelity to visual designs.
- Worked with engineers on designing API schemas for consumption by the front-end.
- Contributed to maintenance and expansion of company style guides, ensured adherence to standards through code review.
Front End Developer, West Chester PA, 2013—2015
Built highly interactive websites that integrated seamlessly into the company’s native iPad app.
- Created tools, templates, and guidelines to promote consistent development practices.
- Collaborated closely with designers, content providers, and merchandisers.
- Built interactive prototypes to assist in the exploration and iteration of new features across all digital platforms.
- Trained and worked in close collaboration with junior developers.
Freelance Web Developer
2007—2013 Brooklyn NY, Philadelphia PA
- Completed dozens of small and large-scale web projects for a wide variety of clients, from national brands to tech startups and news outlets.
- Range of output included single-page marketing sites, custom contests, Facebook applications, and sites with hundreds of pages of content.
- CSS and preprocessors
- Advanced SVG
- D3 and other visualization tools
- Modern JS build stacks
- Fluency in Agile processes
- Comfortable on the command line
- Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, and other graphic design and prototyping tools
- Pratt Institute, New York NY Master of Information and Library Science, 2008
- Champlain College, Burlington VT Bachelor of Science, Media & Graphic Design
If you'd like to get in touch, please do so at email@example.com.